Internet Usage and Spending Statistics
I got an email the other day from a colleague of mine (Kathi Peterson) that does PR locally here in Asheville, NC.
I wanted to link to her site, but I couldn’t find one. She may not have one. I’m sure she’s busy enough as it is. Kathi: If you spot this blog post, please add a comment below to let me know if you have a site.
Here’s some great statistics she gathered:
* Worldwide, there are over a billion people online today — that’s 17% of the world’s population!
* 74.0% of Internet users in the US — three out of every four — will buy something online in 2007.
* Consumer online spending increased 24% in the last year. We spent a mind-boggling $102.1 billion online in 2006, not counting travel expenditures.
Again from www.emarketer.com:
* Online spending is expected to nearly double again in
2007 according to recent estimates. Internet users are expected to spend a staggering $201.2 billion online in 2007.
* Spending on Internet advertising has been growing at an astonishing 30%+ growth rate.
And, finally from the Interactive Advertising Bureau:
* Internet advertising revenues hit a new record high of
$4.2 billion for the third quarter of 2006 (the most recent quarter for which data is available).