Social Media Press Release Information
October 23rd, 2009
What is the future of the traditional Press Release?
Brandon Uttley gave a fantastic presentation on this very subject at a recent Social Media Breakfast event.
Below is a copy of his slides with his comments listed beneath them.
The Social Pitch: Using Social Media Press Releases To Reach Influencers
The Social Pitch: Using Social Media Press Releases To Reach Influencers – Presentation Transcript
- The Social Pitch Using Social Media Press Releases To Reach In?uencers Presented by: Brandon Uttley
- Typical Press release
- Traditional PR Distribution Model In the Beginning PR with press release Journalists Consumers broadcast and print
- Traditional PR Distribution Model Pay-to-Distribute PR Wire Services Invented PR with press releases More journalists Consumers (and plenty of cash) broadcast and print
- Where Traditional PR Distribution Model Fails People Stop Relying Solely on Traditional Outlets for News PR with press releases More journalists Consumers turn to (and plenty of cash) broadcast and print social networks, online news sources, friends and blogs in addition to print and broadcast media
- Modern PR Distribution Model Your PR Content Spreads Through Social Channels Journalists In?uencers Consumers PR with social media release Bloggers and rich social content
- The Evolution of News Fueled By Social Media Press Releases (SMPRs)
- PitchEngine www.pitchengine.com
- Pricing: Build and Share Social Media Releases Create a Social Media Release, host and share it
Include PR content like videos, audio, images, social links and more
Share your release with your media contacts via link or email or with thousands of consumers via social sites like Facebook, Twitter and others
Get tracking (number of views) Cost: FREE (releases expire after 30 days)
- Pricing Archive All Your Brand’s Releases Keep every release adding Brand Archiving
Archive every release your brand puts out
Grab the RSS Feed (provided) for your releases and share with your contacts, clients and social sites or put it on your site’s news page
Each time a release is published, it will remain live and available for media and consumers to ?nd, and for you to edit
Your release is shared on the PitchFeed which is crawled by Google News
Cost: $35/month ($400/year)
- Pricing Customized Social Media Newsroom (includes Archiving)
Host all of your releases in a custom newsroom
Choose from the headline font color that matches your brand identity
Give visitors a way to ?nd and follow you on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube and more ? Each time you add a release using PitchEngine, it will be automatically posted to your newsroom
Link to the newsroom from your website (or your client’s) for easy access to your news content, contact links, etc.
Cost: $50/month ($550/year)
- PR was always supposed to be about public relations. We’ve fallen into this idea that all PR is about journalists, and it’s certainly not. Social media enables us to reach real influencers who care about what we have to say – as long as we’re genuine and honest.
Jason Kintzler Founder, Pitchengine.com
- Thank You!