Blog World Convention – What I want!
I landed in Vegas last night and today is my first day attending the Blog World Convention and Expo. This should be pretty amazing.
Speakers I look forward to
Here are some of the people I should be able to listen to and learn from:
Matt Mullenweg – founding developer of WordPress
Andy Wibbels – Author of BlogWild (book)
Jeremy Shoemaker (ShoeMoney) – popular affiliate marketer, blogger, and podcaster
Sherman Hu – Creator of WordPress Tutorials and overall WordPress expert
Steven Van Yoder – Author of Get Slightly Famous (book, website, etc)
Richard Jalichandra – CEO of Technorati
Avinash Kaushik – Analytics expert
and of course…
Mark Cuban – Dallas Mavericks Owner, Founder of HDNet, and former contestant on Dancing with the Stars
That’s the short list of people I already know from reading and being in the industry. There are a bunch of other names that I am not as familiar with, yet excited to hear about their topics.
On the plane last night I made a list for myself of what my goals are in coming here. Here’s what I came up with…
1. Gain industry knowledge and information about the industry of blogs, podcasting, and video. This should assist me in my work for clients, for our own projects, and for the Marketing Agency I am associated with.
2. Increased motivation for improved blogging. It’s been my goal for 2007 (and will be for 2008) to blog more and better. Staying motivated is difficult – for me at least.
3. Gain and knowledge and tools in order to effectively start podcasting. I also want to start using video on my blog. These are both areas I’d like to start getting involved with but do not want to take the time to learn which tools are best. I’m hoping this conference will jump start me.
4. Find a good vendor that can create a great WordPress blog theme for me.
5. Get links. As a side benefit, I’d like to meet some bloggers that will link to my sites.
So that’s why I’m here.
Let me know if there’s anything you’d like me to keep an eye out for you. I’ll be trying to live-blog as much as possible for most of the sessions.
(Right now I’m in the lobby of my hotel because the breakfast buffet hasn’t opened yet. (I woke up at 4:15 AM (7:15 back home) and am trying to stay busy.