Charlotte Airport Aviation Director Jerry Orr Comments
If you follow my blog, you know by now that August 2007 is “networking month” for me. So, today I went to a Charlotte Chamber event in the SouthPark area.
The Charlotte Douglas International Airport Aviation Director Jerry Orr talked for a half hour about the airport.
Here are some highlights as I have them noted…
- The Charlotte / Douglas Airport has 627 daily departures.
- They have 30 million passengers per year.
- They are a major hub for US Airways.
- They also have some minor airlines such as JetBlue and AirTran.
- There are 23,000 parking spaces for the public.
- Daily parking is $3 but may go up to $6 soon.
- They are making a new runway.
- They move 30,000 cubic yards of dirt today and are under budget and ahead of schedule for the new runway.
- It is unlikely that SouthWest Airlines will come anytime soon to CLT airport (someone asked).
- He jokingly said that TSA stands for “Thousands Standing Around”.
- He also feels that the TSA has not made security any better than 9/11.
- However, airports may be more secure because the public is more aware of the threat of terrorism.
What does this have to do with Internet Marketing?
But I did think it was interesting.