How to Make Money Blogging
I got an awesome question from a colleague today. He asked
“Can someone start a new blog today and have ??K subscribers in 6 months with a monetized system? IF yes, how would you teach others to do it, too?”
Here’s my answer…
Your questions below are not easy. But I definitely have some thoughts.
There’s no doubt that it’s POSSIBLE to start blogging and gain subscribers and monetize in 6 months. But a lot of factors come in to play, such as…
- How much time can you devote to research, writing, and connecting?
- How much money can you invest to attract targeted attention via advertising?
- How good of a writer are you? How “likeable” are you to your target audience?
- What partners do you know that already reach your target audience?
- How much of an audience do you already have?
- What is your topic? How “monetizable” is it?
- How much expertise do you have in the topic?
NOTE: How much money and how many followers you get will depend on the answers to those questions, and perhaps a few others. (By the way, I put those in order of importance, in my opinion.)
How do you teach others to do it?
That’s easy. It’s a process.
- Research, Write, Connect, Repeat
- Create content that requires visitors to provide their email address.
- Build partnerships with others that have your same target audience.
- When appropriate, start monetizing (some ideas are listed below in order)
- Google AdSense
- Get your own Advertisers
- Be an Affiliate
- Sell your own stuff
- Hourly Consulting
- Monthly Clients
- Do events
- Mastermind Groups